How about deez Nutz? Almond Energy Bars.
Having trouble choosing a snack bar? Crunch on these homemade Almond Energy Bars featuring almonds 2 ways.
1 cup rice krispie cereal
1 cup large flake rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour (or ground almonds) find it in the baking section
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
3. Coat an 8 X 8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper (use a 9 x 13 pan for a thinner bar)
4. Pour batter in pan and spread evenly. Flatten and smooth top with a spatula
5. Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool before slicing and serving
PRO TIP: When purchasing ground almonds, or almond flour (if a recipe calls for it), take a look in the baking section of your grocery store, as you will find smaller, more affordable package sizes of the almond flour (which is essentially ground almonds), or the nuts themselves.
Once cooled, these can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week. Or in the fridge for 3 months. This recipe was adapted by the California Almond Board, and I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out, as I was skeptical when trying it. Now I CRAVE these, they are baked soft with just the right amount of crunch, lightly sweetened with a burst from the cranberries. Enjoy. #saladsaresweet #snacktime #healthysnack #almonds #winnipeg