Homemade Pre-workout Bars
These peanut butter date pre-workout bars are the perfect combination of nutrients to give you an energy boost that will sustain you before a run or workout. The natural sweetness of dates also deliver a hit of potassium which is major key for your workouts!
Watch the full video HERE as featured on Global TV Morning Show!
INGREDIENTS (makes 16 pieces)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup liquid honey or maple syrup
1 cup large flake rolled oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup pitted dates chopped into bite sized pieces
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp chia seeds
1. Mix peanut butter, honey and dates in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until blended.
2. Stir in oats, dates, salt and rice cereal. Mix until fully incorporated and gooey.
3. Pour into a 8x8 parchment lined or silicon baking pan and press down tightly with hands or back of spoon (you may need to wet your hands before to prevent from sticking), be sure to press down into the corners
4. Freeze for 30 minutes until set. Slice into 16 squares with a knife.
5. Store in the freezer or wrap them individually until they are ready to eat!