Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
This popular holiday treat gets a makeover, and still tastes great! It is a #flourless chickpea blondie with added holiday flavours topped with a rich & creamy cream cheese frosting, a must try holiday fav!
For the Blondie Base:
2 cups ( 1 can) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
½ cup smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
3 large eggs
⅓ cup liquid honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp each baking powder & baking soda
½ cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup diced dried cranberries
1 tbsp orange zest (from 1 small orange)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
2. Put all ingredients (except chocolate chips & cranberries) in a food processor and blend until smooth
3. Fold in chocolate chips & cranberries
4. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean
5. Let cool completely in pan
For the "Iced topping"
1/2 brick or 1/2 cup of light cream cheese
2 cups (1 container) vanilla greek yogurt
1/4 cup of orange juice (from the orange you zested)
1. Add cream cheese to a medium sized bowl and soften until smooth with a hand blender or wooden spoon
2. Fold in greek yogurt and orange juice
3. Spread this mixture evenly over the cooled blondies and sprinkle with extra dried cranberries. Cut into triangle shapes for the authentic bliss bar look!
Want more recipes and tips to survive the holiday season? Get your copy of the Holiday Eating Survival Guide, so that you can eat, drink and be merry & bright without feeling bloated or uptight!